Thor over at Creative Twilight has very kindly nominated me for a Stylish Blog Award. You’ve probably seen it do the rounds on all your favourite gaming blogs. I know I have, and also I’ve been secretly hoping for a nod, so thanks Thor! Much appreciated.
Like all good internet community awards, it comes with rules and pass-it-on instructions. So here are seven things you probably don’t know about me, followed by my own nominations.
- Like so many white males I seem to have a small but unshakeable obsession with Japanese culture (why is that?) I studied – and later taught – kenjutsu and iaijutsu between the ages of 12 and 19. Also I like anime.
- I look really young. I don’t like telling people my age because it usually freaks them out and they look at me as though I’ve deceived them somehow. I’m kind of skinny and look like I’m in my early twenties when I’m actually thirty four.
- My first ever 40k army was Salamanders, back in Rogue Trader when I was 11 years old. I liked the dark green colour.
- I respect The Lord of the Rings for its epic scope, mythical style, detailed world and seminal place in the fantasy literature canon, but I actually think it’s kind of boring to read. Don’t tell anyone.
- I have a pet rabbit, and he’s really lucky that his cuteness slightly outweighs how annoying it is when he chews up all my stuff. I don’t recommend them as pets.
- I have massive difficulty willing myself to get into water that’s even slightly colder than body temperature. This is a problem when you’re Australian and your whole culture idolizes the beach.
- I once had a little too much to drink and bit one of those divinatory runestones that New Age people have clean in half while yelling “IN YOUR FACE ODIN!” I chipped my molar, so I guess the Norse pantheon won that round.
And my nominations . . . Ten is suggested, but I only have a small blogroll, and most of them have been nominated already, stylish bastards that they are. So here are a few that I think deserve it but seem to have been missed, as far as I know:
Tentakel Games – It was stumbling on this blog at the height of my dissatisfaction with forums that inspired me to start Warp Signal. Great painting pics and great attitude.
Porky’s Expanse – It certainly is expansive, and has a style all it’s own. I can’t believe the Porkster hasn’t been nominated yet!
Faeit212 – Natfka posts frequent rumours and news in a balanced and non-hysterical fashion. Plus this blog often features beautiful art sourced from around the net.