“My lord Inquisitor, I’m glad you could join us.” Lord General Drake bent his knee and bowed his head before the metal giant. It was for the benefit of the men – he and Borgez had already met last night, when the famous Ordo Hereticus agent had told him that the Ultramarines were refusing even to acknowledge his Inquisitorial rosette.
It was a bad sign. It meant either that the marines had decided Borgez himself was tainted, or that he was incompetent and had failed to notice heresy on his own doorstep.
The ancient witch hunter’s voice rasped from the vox-cherub built into his battle suit. “We will stop them here Drake. I guarantee it.”
The mighty cyborg swayed and creaked as the ground shook, drop pods raining down. Borgez’s face remained stony in the huge metal body, his beady eyes sharp and black. Drake made the sign of the Aquila and touched his icon of the Emperor to his mask in silent prayer as Kreig Death Riders cantered past him.
Where were the bloody tanks?
- Brother-Captain Gaius – Space Marine Captain, digital weapons, artificer armour, jump pack, power weapon, bolt pistol, melta bombs
- Squad Lucianus – Assault squad (5), power weapon
- Aquiline – Land Speeder Storm, heavy flamer
- Squad Ulixes – Tactical Squad (10), plasma cannon, plasma gun, plasma pistol, power weapon
- Squad Vorenus – Tactical Squad (10), meltagun, multi-melta, combi-melta gun, power fist, drop pod
- Squad Gabriel – Tactical Squad (10), flamer, missile launcher, melta bombs, power weapon, drop pod
- Squad Castiel – Scout Squad (5), power weapon, melta bombs
- Squad Telion – Scout Squad (5), Sgt. Telion, 4 sniper rifles
- Brother Constantinus – Venerable Dreadnought, multi-melta, Lucius pattern drop pod
- Squad Titus – Terminators (5), power weapon, cyclone missile launcher, in Diomedes – Land Raider Prometheus, extra armour, multi-melta
- Leontius – Predator, lascannons
- Nicephorus – Whirlwind
- Squad Apollo – Devastators (10), 3 missile launchers, lascannon
- Lord General Drake, commander-in-chief of Battlegroup Wyvern – Company Command Squad, Straken, medic, standard bearer, bodyguard, two flamers, chimera with heavy flamer and multi-laser
- Lord Inquisitor Julius Borgez – Inquisitor Lord Karamazov (Codex: Witch Hunters)
- Enginseer Rodan – Techpriest Enginseer, 3 servitors
- Nemesis Coven, Psykana Auxilia – Psyker Battle Squad, 4 Sanctioned Psykers, overseer
- 1337 – Eversor Assassin
- Cadian 129th Grenadiers – Veteran squad, power fist, 3 plasma guns, chimera with multi-laser and heavy flamer, Grenadiers
- 44th St. Arkham sharpshooters – Veteran squad, lascannon, two snipers, Forward Sentries
- Order of the Revenant Maiden, St. Arkham convent – Battle Sisters (10), melta gun, flamer, frag and krak grenades, veteran superior (power weapon)
- 8th Kasrkin – 6 Stormtroopers, bolter, power weapon, 2 melta guns
- Lt. Blake, 44th St. Arkham – Platoon command squad, bolter, heavy bolter
- Squad Boxer – Infantry squad, grenade launcher, power weapon, commissar with power weapon
- Squad Coleridge – Infantry squad, grenade launcher, power weapon
- Platoon fire support – 3 mortar teams
- Platoon fire support – 3 autocannon teams
- 861st Krieg Lancers – 6 Death Riders, power weapon
- Hell’s Breath, St. Arkham 1st Armoured – Banewolf, hull multi-melta
- Anathema, St. Arkham 1st Armoured – Leman Russ Demolisher, multi-melta sponsons, heavy flamer
- Storm Giant, St. Arkham 1st Armoured – Leman Russ Battle Tank, heavy flamer, pintle heavy stubber
- Unknown designation, Cadian 8th Armoured sec. battlegroup Wyvern – Leman Russ Battle Tank, lascannon, heavy bolter sponsons
The campaign’s getting down to the wire now. I made a mistake last time – the mission we played was Implacable Advance not Trench Warfare. This time it was Trench Warfare, and it was a doozy. As always, you can check out the campaign we’re playing here at Sign of the Aquila.